Monday, November 13, 2006

End of Marathon race


Its been three days since the exams got over. But still I haven’t been able to get rid of the hangover of those exam days. Not able to sleep before 1 and get woken up at 6 as if to check my clock's punctuality. But there is one solace that would douse this sulkiness. It’s the freedom, in terms of time, to watch movies with no strictures of any kind. In fact, the first priority on my “Thing to do” list, after exams, is movie. And I don’t think I would get enough of them. I’m not a movie buff, though. But it’s the long run that has sapped my energy to go in for unlimited fun. And movie is just one way of having fun.

God, I don’t know what my other fellow- IAS aspirants would have been through during this last three months. And I’m talking about only the days of indigence that began after the prelims results. But I’d actuate this whole cycle of process to a marathon race. You just keep running. Slow and steady or fast and furious. But run you must. It starts with classes for almost 10 months. And then you sit at home for one month slogging for the prelims exams. oh no, I don’t want to say any further and tire you down. But I must tell you I know the real meaning of perseverance now. This exams test all those qualities that those self help books preach- patience, tolerance, determination, endurance, et al. It simply makes you strong from within but only if you could resist the negativities. And, in my opinion, success comes just next to this.

As if this was not enough, friends stopped visiting my room, there were no calls. After all, they thought they were doing me a favour. And I dint keep any “ do not disturb” sign board nor my phone was out of service. But that’s 0k. I would take this as another test in the grand scheme of things.

And now its time for self introspection and time to look behind the path that I have walked on. They say mistakes are not sin but not correcting them is. Now all i need to do is scan down my errors and program them in shape. But for some days to follow its just fun. No studies.

I’m just happy that the marathon race has ended. But I know this is just one phase and there is a new beginning to make.

1 comment:

  1. hmm.. sometimes even when we are cool about taking up some exam, ppl around us get nervous than us..

    ReplyDelete