Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Looking back....


Anniversaries are part of our life. Birthdays, wedding anniversaries, business anniversaries and many other. Now here on my blog I’m going to celebrate the first anniversary of my entry in to this blogosphere. It’s a world filled with ideas and thoughts coming from people with different interest in variety of fields. I guess each one of us here would have a different perception in owning a blog. I am not really very sure what impelled me to start this blog of mine. But there are few things that I have gained and lost from this space.

Things I gained :

1. I became more conscious of the world outside and the things that happened around me. Not that I was desperate to post them here. But it gave a sense of fulfillment in life.
2. It kindled my thoughts and ideas provoking me to explore whatever creativity (please allow me to use this word) I have and got me playful with words. I even tried my hands on poem. (Wordsworth, to take note)
3. It give me a new identity ,not very much different from what I am already in real. But the fact is that I live here.
4. It got me new friends and I got myself exposed to new world of ideas and people with incredible prowess, which taught me humility without affecting the little pride I take from my contributions here.
5. It gave me a sense of belongingness in this blogosphere. Yes, I am part of this blogging revolution.
6. It got me more curious to the new technological developments. (But it’s the question of money, anyway)
7. I adopted a new hobby that was worth filling my civil service exams forms with. And it even formed part of my interview session and it helped my tread on path that I was at ease with.

Things I lost:

1. Doled out time and some money on surfing hoping to see some comments and new visitors to my blog. I have no regrets.
2. Accused of “self-advertisement”. But my argument is: aren’t blogs a form of online diary.
3. I guess there is not much I lost. So I’ll stop with this.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your gracious presence on the day of my blog-anniversary. Please do stay back for dinner :)

3 comments:

  1. Its a nice blog sir! I cherished reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not true.....
    It in no way is 'self advertisement'.
    In fact having a look at your blog even I plan to have one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    You have an excellent blog and I love reading your thoughts as through you i enabled myself to understand the pschye of UPSC aspirant.. keep updating..

    BLOG AHOY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete