Thursday, June 15, 2006

Beware of dogs!!!


It is the early hours of the morning;with its usual scenic beauties. Dewdrops are fresh on the tender leaves of saplings and grass. Sun is still sprucing up for his day out. There is a mild chillness, birds chirp and hens cackles. The air is free from the cacophony of toyotos and fords: bajajs and Hondas. Most of the people must still be on the bed half asleep with the new day to deliver on many of its promises.

At this time of the morning I see this boy walking along the roadside with a megasized polythene bag on his shoulder. Emaciated looks, sunken face, the kind of hair we see in the shampoo ads which says “before use”. Meet the ragpicker boy of rajinder nagar-my locality. I see him every morning when I go out for my morning jog. Now what about him? I always go thru a sense of admiration. You know what ,he has taught me a lesson.He picks the rags sprewn all over the streets. I always wondered where he would take it to and used to think about the penury state of his living. He must be just 12 years old but he shows no fear for those bunch of dogs that bark at him incessantly. Has he closed his ears to those deafening sound?? No. he believes in what he does. Its his duty to do what he is doing. That earns him his bread, afterall. May dogs bark at him:heavens will not fall.


Now whats the moral??many of us fear critcism but ensconce in inhibitions and bask in false praises. It is this criticism that hold us back from what we conscientiously like to do. Are we afraid of the barking sound of the dogs?? This is the lesson I learnt from him. All that one need to do is remain impervious to crticism and listen to the conscience so much so that the barkings of the dogs be overpowered.

2 comments:

  1. Hey that was a profound observation well woven into words...u got a good flair for writing..I hope u keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! voyance audiotel

    ReplyDelete