Thursday, April 05, 2007

13th Friday: Black or red


Now I have only few more days to pass before I go knocking at the doors of the interview panel at UPSC. It is on the 13th of this month. It falls on Friday. I have heard stories of 13th being an unlucky number. And even know that this number is most despised in western countries. There you’d see tall buildings which does not have 13th floor but 14th ,15th and so on. You won’t find a street that is numbered 13th. Those who do not believe in those superstitious stories would be dumping it as non-sense and say its just another number.

But to me its not so. No, I’m not afraid that my performance at the interview would be upset just because it falls on the 13th. In fact, the experience of preparing for this interview is quite bizarre. In all those written exams I have faced in life I had been under some stress. I have almost felt suffocated. But this is different. I feel the knowledge I have acquired over this few years is adequate enough to prove what I have in those 30 minutes of test. Yet, there is sense of incompleteness but without any pressure to finish them off. Strange it is ,indeed. Everyone here are telling me that it just takes a bit of attitude. Right one, of course.

Whatever it is. The 13th of April is a big day for me. Is it going to be a Black Friday or a red letter day in my life? The future holds the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment